This morning was the annual 'Lake Isabella Christmas Parade'. The Kern Valley Youth Football League, had a float that all the kids could ride on. Ryan went, Josh thought it was too cold, and Caleb did not want to be left out so we asked if he could go with Ryan. He put on an old jersey (over a sweatshirt and heavy jacket) and I dropped them off in the freezing cold to ride in the parade. I hope it will be a good memory. Josh and I picked up donuts and hot cocoa, found our spots and shivered while we waited.
Zachary and his friend Dalton walked down from our house closer to parade time, Zachary was not wearing a jacket, or sweatshirt, or long sleeves. There is something wrong with that boy, Seriously! My boys must have been on the other side of the float, because I did not see them. Daddy did, Ryan made sure to hold Caleb up really high so he could see when they came up to where Danny had the road closed.

Then we went to the 'Pizza Factory' for Josh's end of football party. It was almost warm in there. Josh enjoyed the pizza and the awesome year end video.


(Everyone watching the video Marcie B, who couldn't be there, made).
3 comments:
We've never been. Ryan has, of course, but the rest of us have never had the pleasure of driving to downtown Isabella for the Christmas parade. We might go next year, but I need a guarantee that Ed will not run into any streets. Otherwise, I'd rather stay home in my jammies and watch cartoons.
oh, those small town events...looks like everyone had fun, even in the cold weather.
Karrie- We went last year, and I wan't going to go this year but I thought I should watch my boys in the parade. Mine are old enough to not run in the street, finally. And we sit far away from everybody else, seriously. I think the nearest person was a good 15 yards away, and he just happened to be a CHP officer on a road closure. I don't like crowds much.
Post a Comment