Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ahh, Kids

I have spent some time the last few days giggling at the antics of the son of a friend of mine. I feel a little mean, but I can't help it. Sunday I was sitting behind them, and seriously he cracks me up. Probably because he reminds me so much of Ryan at that age. It's like watching home video with an actor in his place. He does things that Ryan did, and says things Ryan said, and oh he acts the way Ryan did. I think I laugh because I am relieved we survived, and now we are in a completely different phase. One I can only hope I will be able to laugh at in a few years, when I get to watch someone else go through it. See why I feel mean?
Here is my advice for the day, mostly this is for myself, to read in a few days, or weeks, or months, when I am not feeling nearly as optimistic as I am today. When you have a child that tests your patience ( don't we all?), and you can't see a single funny thing in the situation of the moment, look back at the moments you did make it through, and laugh!

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Oh, I KNOW who that is, and he added to his goodness today when he locked my keys in the car and we missed playgroup. He is FULL of it. I didn't even get mad- I had to laugh because it just "figured." At least Jessie wasn't in the car when he did it...