Sunday, November 1, 2009

Catching up

For me to go a few days without blogging usually means one of two things. Either I am too grouchy and am avoiding it, or life is crazy busy. This past week or so has been a little of both. On top of that there is a fine line I don't want to cross on how much really personal stuff ends up on here. At some point this will all be part of our family history, and there are things that should be included, but they aren't necessarily things I want the whole world reading. And if I had started typing at any point last week I would probably have dumped it all on here.
I will be catching up over the next few days but for now I am doing Halloween. When I checked the football schedule at the beginning of the season and saw our last game would be in Bishop on Halloween I decided to try and just make it a whole weekend getaway. Christine and Madison met us up there and we stayed at her friend Kathleen's house. Most of the day was spent at the field and then we got the kids into costume and headed out for Trick-or-Treating fun. It was so nice to be in a neighborhood with sidewalks (our neighborhood in Bakersfield didn't have sidewalks so it's been a long while) and streetlights. The Hurley's met up with us when they were done with Alex's game. I think my favorite costume of the night was the CHP car that went by with legs sticking out of the trunk, I couldn't get the camera up in time for a picture, but I was entertained. We ended the night with the traditional dumping of the candy on the living room floor to see what everyone got.
Ready to go; Dracula, Care Bear, Superman
KV football player (Ryan's friend Josh, we turned the jersey around because Jim Hurley scared him by telling him the Bishop people would give him rocks) and a pirate.
I like the glow sticks in this picture.
This was one of the "scary" houses, Josh and Trever weren't sure they wanted to walk up to it.
At this point I told Zachary to go ahead and trick or treat, he was just helping, but once Alex got there it just didn't seem fair to tell him he was too old. Caleb was really trying to keep up.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

I hope things slow down a bit...all the kids looked like they had a fun Halloween.

Dany said...

It was a fun Halloween! Lots of candy and sidewalks and grass and street lights... I wanna move!

Karrie said...

We missed you guys at church!
I owe you money. I have it in my church bag.

It's hard to be a blogger like us. "Us" bloggers blog to keep family update, to write down things we want to remember when we are old, or what we want our kids to know they did. It's hard because other people do read it, and that's fine, but you can't be too grumpy or excited for fear that people will think you have mental problems or that you are constantly bragging about your kids. But you know what? I say we "brag" away, we vent our frustrations (maybe. two people at church told Ryan he needed to hurry and finish the house because I was having a hard time in the trailer... I didn't know that.) I don't know. You have great restraint and wise judgement to stay away when you might type something grumpy. I should be so careful...
Danny looked lonely without the fam at church yesterday, all alone on the back bench...