FRIDAY
Got lost (technically I can't say lost, I knew where I was, it just took me a while to figure out I wasn't where the directions said I should be). Gave everyone their own water bottle. Made about a dozen potty stops. Wanted to use the drive thru for dinner, decided we should use it as a potty break as well. Caleb says he doesn't need to go. We pull out, and Caleb tells me he has had an accident. Finally get to the Days Inn I chose to stay at (sorry Bushlings, I hope Marcie blogs her own experience!). Check in, from the wrong side of the bullet proof glass. My two rooms, were not adjoining, and not even next to each other. One was right above the other. I had the 3 older boys (14,12,11) in the downstairs room because it was right next to people we knew. While I was pulling stuff out of the bag for the older boys, the younger ones (7,7,4) were upstairs jumping on the beds. One broke (bed, not boy) I moved the mattress and box spring over to see if I could prop it somehow, I found the frame wasn't even screwed together. While I was taking a shower Zachary and Ryan got into a fight bad enough to send Ryan's friend (who has 5 brothers) running to get me. I hopped out, half clean with dripping wet hair and threw clothes on. They had stopped by then, but I made them get all their blankets and pillows and go to my room. Floor space was too good for them, but sleeping in the car was not an option. Then I lost it. Really. I'm still slightly embarrassed. Cried some, didn't sleep much.
SATURDAY
Up at 5:15ish, when I gave up on sleep and started getting ready. The field was amazing. The area was beautiful. The weather was perfect, I was a little bit cold all day. Josh's game went well. It's almost as much fun watching their coach jump up and down when they do something good as it is watching the boys. Almost.
Ryan's game went as expected(they got chewed up, spit out, and then stomped), he got hurt in the first half.

He spent the rest of the game on the bench with sore ribs, a headache, dizzy, and light headed. A fire started near the freeway we would have taken home.
(this is smoke, not pretty clouds)
I followed the Bushlings and we went a different way, on roads I actually know, which was fine with me. We stopped for pizza and ice cream, and the bathroom of course. I allowed no liquids in the car but Caleb still managed to have an accident (a total of 3 for the weekend) in his sleep. Made two puke stops, got home about 10:30. Saturday was actually an okay day. But wow I was glad to be home!
I'm pretty sure I've left out some details, but this is close enough. I did learn I am not an island, and I should call people for help if I need it! Not that I will remember that next time...
11 comments:
Ok, you left out a lot of details and I am sorry you are still crying about it but I am laughing hysterical about it still. Maybe Dani is right and this is why you don't call me because I laugh. I have learned that if I don't I laugh I cry or get upset so I choose the better of them and laugh. Maybe it isn't always the best thing but it's what I do- you are a great person for having as much patience as you do. I actually look up to you for that. thanks for the wonderful laughs this weekend. We will do it again in a few weeks.
I am laughing to, slightly hysterically, but still laughing!
Aw, girls these will be some of the important memories, you will remember. (I didn't say best), the really good ones tend to slip away.... the hysterical ones seem to stay. (Hopefully for all adults involved this brings up memories of your youthful years).
Believe it or not these are some of the best years of your lives. :)
I can just hear the sighs,oh, mom stop already!
How's Ryan?
Sorry, should of said in my post. Ryan is fine, his side is bruised but his head is okay. One of the other parents there said maybe it'll have knocked some sense in to him, but no such luck.
oh, man! you, too, need a diet pepsi, stat!
you are not the only one who loses it. take comfort i knowing that we all lose it sometimes. as long as it's not "normal", i think you'll be okay. at least, that's what i tell myself. besides, kids need to see their moms freak out once in awhile. it teaches them that... that we... well, i don't know. but a little fear is healthy, no?
if it's not i'm in big trouble.
actually, i know my kids don't fear me. so frustrating when you know they fear their dad, but not me. i spend the most time with them... and dad walks in and *poof* no fighting and they do things at least the second time they are told. too bad danny was working...
hang in there.
if you feel like you need to take a drive, you can come out to see our house anytime.
Cori, you are great. This sounds like some one else I know.
Joanie... and she turned out crazy didn't she! :)
Oh my, sounds like you had quite a weekend. Maybe you need to come visit me! I think it's time for a girls night out. When is Danny's next day off?
Yes, makes life so much easier..crazy!
I am laughing hysterically!!! You left out the hooker shoe! One more away game, for sure for you because rookies don't go to play off's and I don't think Ryans team will make it either.
Yes, She did Cori
Post a Comment