Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pick Your Poison!

It's that wonderful time of year. Everything is warming up and creatures are out and about. Or in and about. We met a couple of them today. Which would you prefer?This guy decided he wanted to play with the boys racetrack set, which is set up (inside) by the front door. This one was right outside the sliding glass door to the side yard. They are both dead, just in case anyone wants to visit!
And I can smell a skunk out there somewhere. What a great day.

12 comments:

JOY said...

Wow Cori! You better stay inside! I better not show this post to Austin - he'll want to move there right away!

BushlingX7 said...

I choose neither- you better come visit us here :->

Grandma said...

WHO discovered these visiting creatures????? (Your camera takes great pictures)..... I was thinking of coming to visit on Saturday...should I wear heavy boots and bring a snake catcher?

Karrie said...

Y-U-C-K.


We've lived on our property for three years, and we've only had two scorpions (under plywood, outside) and zero rattlesnakes. I'm grateful. Trust me when I say we are doing EVERYTHING to make our house critter proof. I'm not a fan.

Good luck keeping yourself un-poisoned. Check your bed before you get all snuggly tonight- I've seen lots of movies where there are creepy crawlers in the sheets. Comforting! :)

Dany said...

Thanks Karrie! We had a scorpian in the house once, oh and a snake in the house too. We often get lizards in our shoes too. I hate it here! (our snake was a cute king snake who enjoyed the air conditioning.)

Angie Thompson said...

Still thinking of NOT moving? Leslie Hazard (who is reading over my shoulder) says - check your bed for cone nose beetles as well. Apparently Dennis has been to the ER (of course, I bet Sue made him sleep on the porch that night - that was from me) Want to come play here?

Grammy said...

What is a cone nose beetle? Now that I'm paranoid about sleeping (I was fine before I read comments, thanks)maybe I'll strip all the beds and pass out sheets at bedtime! Just a funny side note here, the pest control lady called yesterday, just as I was telling the boys to get a shoe and smash the scorpion, to let me know she would be out this morning.

Michelle said...

Yay for pest control! I'm so glad I'm not you.....I might freak out! Oh, and don't forget to check your shoes befor you put them on. I saw on t.v. once where a girl put her shoe on and got stung by a scorpion.....I've checked my shoes ever since!! Good thing we walk around our house and not yours! Yikes!!

Watsonville said...

Wow, you really do live in the woods! You better go check on old yeller!

rhino rific said...

hay....guess whatthe scorpion is dead in a bag in my room

Grammy said...

Ryan, it is going to get stinky and then crusty. You need to throw it away soon. :}

Laurie said...

I don't think I can ever come visit you again! I hate snakes, dead or alive!