Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Moving?

Sunday I stopped by the Bishop's office to hand him my tithing envelope, he smiled and invited me to come in and have a seat. I'm not sure why but the Bishop's office always feels a little like the Principal's office to me. I laughed and said "Sit down?, uhhh' and sat down. He's heard we are moving and wanted to know if that were true, and when it would be happening. I've gotten that question a lot lately. Ever since Danny told one of the guys he plays basketball with we were thinking about moving. Actually I wasn't there for that conversation so I don't know what was said. But we are thinking about it. Mostly I'm thinking about it. I'm the only one who would love to live somewhere else, not just any somewhere, specifically the central coast. And until that can happen I don't want to go anywhere else. Caleb will sometimes say he wants to live by his friend Gavin, but the other boys all look at me like I've lost my mind when I bring up the M word. Danny likes it here, and really likes not having a graveyard shift. I have a running pros and cons list in my head, right now it's pretty even. So that is the longish answer to the question. The short answer is just "No, we are not moving, right now."

6 comments:

Karrie said...

Graveyard shifts are NICE. Here's why: your hubby is working when everyone else is sleeping, so he misses NOTHING. He can adjust his schedule for an early morning appt, or come home and go right to bed and then be awake and home in the evenings. It makes going to church a bit difficult sometimes, but it's very manageable. Ryan and our brother in law both love that shift for it's flexibility. My BIL still works it down in Bako. Did I mention you get the bed to yourself? I love that!

(I HATE, HATE afternoons. HATE.)

Grammy said...

I mentioned to Danny the other day, he would see much more of the kids if he did have to work graves. But he likes to sleep, when it's dark. I think it would be okay, but thats just me.

Dany said...

Pros list: Me... Jimi... Me... Happy Ryan... Me!!! Good enough? When I move you can move!

Grandma said...

You will have to put an ad in the local paper, post on your blog, when you actually do decide to move....funny how the "Bishop" no matter where one lives, always, always hears those moving rumors. Looks like your out voted on that M word anyway.
(I agree with Danny, night time is for sleeping)

Watsonville said...

OK, thanks for getting me excited for nothing! I wish you would move back here. I miss you and don't see you enough. COME BACK!!!

Renée said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the Moving post. We know how "unfun" (is that a word? it should be) it is to move. Don't do it until you must, but if you must, come back to Bakersfield!