Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It hurts!

Note to myself in the future: When you think it sounds like a good idea to pull the kids out of school early on a special day (like Josh's birthday) to do something fun (like motorcycle riding) DON'T!
Danny had the day off, it's Josh's birthday, and we added a Yamaha TTR 90 to our growing selection of motorcycles. I thought it would be a great idea to take the boys riding, after Josh's awards assembly. They did too. We had fun, Josh loves the new bike, Caleb sat on the 50 and practiced using the brakes, Zachary crashed and hurt his wrist/arm. Off to the ER he and I went. The x-ray didn't show any "major" fractures, but the Dr. splinted and wrapped it and told us to follow up with our Dr. after the radiologist's full report comes back (in a couple of days). He also asked if Zachary's elbow hurt, or if he had ever broken it. We said no, he said the x-ray shows what looks like an old fracture in the elbow. Which of course makes me feel like a pretty bad mom.

4 comments:

Angie Thompson said...

Murphy's Law of Averages will get you every time! I hope Zach isn't in too much pain. Does Josh like the 90?

Grandma said...

I hadn't looked at your blog when I called this morning to see how Zach was. Very cool looking splint. And very cool looking new motorcycle for Josh..Never a dull moment! Keep us posted!

Dany said...

First, girls like tough guys so the splint will attract girls. YUCK! Second, did you know that almost everyone has fractured their elbow? Besides who read the x-ray, Kern Valley Hospital?

Ricecake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.