Saturday, May 16, 2009

If I were a reporter,

This is what I would say:

As the 2008-2009 school year enters it's final few weeks the staff of Wallace Middle School took a moment to recognize some of their students. In a ceremony at the school, Thursday evening May 14, awards were given for outstanding achievement in everything from art and music to math field day and exploring science. Mrs. Mathewson, the 7th and 8th grade history teacher, called Zachary "Ricecake" Reiswig to the stage to receive her "8th Grade History Student of the Year" award. She cited his passion for all things history and how it relates to his own life as a major reason she chose him for this award. She also said he has shown a great aptitude for debate as he has become involved in their debate assignments this last trimester. After fulfilling his own requirements he happily joined other students in need of a partner. Mrs. Mathewson claimed if she could adopt a student it would be Zachary.
It should be noted that Zachary also received "Student of the Month" from 4 of his teachers throughout the year. In September he was recognized by his Language Arts/Reading and History teachers, in December by his Algebra teacher, and finally in May by his Physical Education teacher.
Zachary is looking forward to graduation and starting a new chapter in his life as a freshman at Kern Valley High.

Now back to mom mode... we are so proud of Zac and the young man he is becoming! Good job buddy!!!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, good job Zachary! I think you have one smart cookie on your hands, Cori.

Grandma said...

He has turned into a bright, good, happy young man! This Grandma is very, very proud of him! I am also proud of his parents, who teach and guide....and hang in there and know how important it is to both be there and work together.

Joanie said...

Zac, You rock!!

BushlingX7 said...

Maybe there is hope for my Zachary. It has been know that most Zach's act the same- but it is hard for me to imagine your Zach having as much energy as my Zach which makes me nervous because I want my Zach to be like your Zach. Confussing? Well, I know what I mean and I thank your Zach for the great example he is to my Zach and Trey. Congrats Zach!!

Grammy said...

Marcie--
when Zachary was little people called him "Zac Attack". I like to think he has always been mellow, but maybe I have just blocked some stuff out!