I have lots of pictures to edit that should be showing up here soon, but I'm not done yet and wanted to write about yesterday before I forget. We had a very nice Easter, we went to my mom's and Diane and Cassie came over. Angela also had her various strays (those poor souls who can't make it home for holidays) and the missionaries from her branch, so it was a good size group.
Yesterday was a "Caleb day". I don't know if it was chocolate first thing in the morning or not but he was all over the place. He had tons of questions about Easter, and a few different plans on how he would've saved Jesus. The first time we went over the Easter story (as soon as everyone was awake) he decided the little plastic bat shaped like a carrot he had in his hand was a great weapon, and he would use it to hit the soldiers who came to arrest Jesus. After church (they had an Easter lesson in class) he thought he could help Jesus by getting him off the cross. He had a whole running conversation with himself that went like this. " I will climb up and say Jesus, I can help you, and then I will take out the nails and tell Him come on, and then get Him down, and it will be okay." On the way home from Grandma's he finally came up with being a policeman, taking his police car and turning on the lights and sirens, and arresting the people who didn't believe Jesus.
I'm concerned that my baby is a bully, I was telling Cassie about the bat story, and how much that worries me, and she said. Well he is a warrior. How apt, he is a warrior, and it's my job as a mother to train him and teach him and pray that he makes righteous choices.
4 comments:
What a deep thinker Caleb is! And What good pictures of the boys all dressed up! I really enjoyed both days of our Easter this year.
That is a great story! I don't think it's a bully if they beat up people for good reasons. (I know it sounds bad) It would have been easy for Joseph Smith to give up in the jail and not fight for what he believed in. You may just have a future prophet on your hands!
My first thought was what a good missionary he will make! Thinking of saving people.
caleb didnt get the carrot bat until l8r that day it was the long skinny one
Post a Comment