Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oddball story, unless you are used to small towns...

After almost two years without it I decided it's time to have TV. Our phone company had a bundle package with DirecTV, so without out checking on any other service I went with that. It was just easier.

Danny heard the message confirming the time for installation and the following conversation went something like this.

Danny: We're getting DirecTV?
Me: Verizon has a bundle and it was time to change our Internet plan, so ummm yeah, why?
Danny: Because I think we've given all the DirecTV guys tickets lately.
Me: Well don't on Monday between 8 and 12.

Fast forward to Monday, by about 11, our TV was all set and ready to go. I called Danny to see if he was ready to meet me for lunch. He asked about the installer, I had to go look up the guy's name. Danny is pretty sure he gave him a ticket not too long ago. (Like last week). It creeped me out a little, but I'm telling myself I'm sure he doesn't remember the officer's name (because our name is sooo common). I may need to develop a list and run it by Danny before I make these kind of changes!

5 comments:

Karrie said...

Ryan refuses to go to Vons because last time we went together (like over two years ago) he ran into three different people he had arrested the previous month. These people would talk to me, and Ryan would push the cart to a different aisle. I thought he was being anti-social, but no. Well, kinda, but you know, it must be awkward to run into people you arrest. They generally don't appreciate you. The girl at the Burger Kind window is still nice though...
Okay, if you have Noggin (it's like preschool on TV!)you can watch The Upside Down Show! :)

Dany said...

You crack me up! Did you get your direct TV? And did he remember your name? I called you the rice cake family for months! (Ok, I still do sometimes)

Grandma said...

All, I can do is sit here and laugh.... I can't even make any kind of comment that makes sense right now.. (Hee, haa, belly laugh, tears in my eyes laugh!)
Maybe you might want to change back to your maiden name for a while or you and the kids just go by Ricecake as long as you live there????? Ditto to what Dany asked.

Grammy said...

Mom and Dany, I think the question is; Did he remember the name? I have no idea, the guy was very polite.He did ask if we work up here. I said yes, my husband works for the state. He said it's nice not to have to commute. So maybe he was fishing, maybe not. I'm glad I'm entertaining! Karrie-- I'm learning not to question Danny when he just up and walks away from me in public. Will I ever get used to it?

CJacks said...

That's what you get for living in a small town... you should know that people will remember the family name.. hello we did grow up in Frazier!