Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ry-Guy's Birthday

Okay I know I haven't called him that in years, but birthday's always make me look back and remember the cute, funny, quirky things my little boys used to do. Where did those little boys go? My little "Ry-guy" who was so much like Caleb, and loved to sit on my lap and suck his thumb, he had his "B" (blankie) and didn't resort to my hair thank goodness! So when did that sweet little guy turn into a big kid who likes girls (a girl) and loves football?
All right enough already! He had lots of fun today, I woke him up singing "Happy Birthday" and made his favorite breakfast, French Toast. What a great way to start off the day! Then the phone started ringing (which woke Danny up) you should have seen his blush when the caller ID showed Hurley, if I had only had the camera ready! For anyone unfamiliar with the Hurleys that would be Jimi, who happens to be The Girl. Although the phone call was from her mom because... well thats how 11 year olds communicate with the opposite gender. Sorry Grandma you were call #2! Then off to school, I'm pretty sure they were late. Where he hurt himself playing football on the cement near the lunch tables... long story, he now is sporting a big bruise right above his knee which made it too painful to suit up for football. Which is fine because it's his Birthday and everyone needs a break now and then. He got to go watch the team anyway. Then the really fun part of the day! One of the other guys on the team has the same birthday so we had a joint party and took the team for pizza after practice. Josh (the other birthday boy) turned 12 and is a Cowboys fan. How could I not go with the "football" theme?
I think most of the team was there, and everyone had fun. I think this was probably one of the easiest parties we've ever had.
.
Hopefully there will be a better picture of these two soon, maybe if we embarrass them enough they will stay far away from eachother... although once we put them near enough for a picture neither of them moved a way when we were done.
Now the house is quiet (sort of), Zac is finishing homework and his radio is on, and the dryer is thumping away, the new fan should be here soon but we need clean clothes so we deal with it... anyway I'm heading to bed! Goodnight!

6 comments:

Grandma said...

Another great cake made by "mom".
What a fun day for Ryan, (except for the bruised knee.) I remember my little RyRy...who loved his grandma, for a while I was his "favorite girl". How the years fly by.

Dany said...

We had a great time at Ryan's party. It's all I've heard about. Sorry for waking Danny, Jimi was going to call and last second threw me the phone, with caller id I couldnt just hang up. The cake was so great, I LOVED it! (and I'm not a big cake eater)

Watsonville said...

What a fun cake! Talk about talent! You've got some young strapping boys on your hand. Parents, hide your girls...or at least the "one".

p.s. I would LOVE to see you next week. Email or give me a call. Call Laurie too!

Dany said...

as the mother of the "one". I think Cori and I agree we will start to worry when they actually talk to eachother. Untill then, they are cute, and they could be friends with so much worse. The only problem I see... when they break up and if they NEVER get back together after his mission. He's a great boy! I may be bias, but she's a pretty great girl too :)

Grammy said...

I do agree, if they ever start talking the rules will change... right now it is just lots of fun to tease them!

Dany said...

I have a MUCH better picture of the two of them at Ryans party. They are both actually smiling. I'll try to post it and you can steal it from mine.