Josh's team finally won! He scored twice I think. He loves playing even though he would rather be playing something else.

Everyone truly enjoyed their time in California City. Okay not really and this is where I would normally start my weekly football rant but...One of the speakers in church spoke about not bashing people, and I am taking that to heart, so all I will say is if Ryan had been one of the kids hit, by the opposing team in the totally unsafe and completely illegal manner in which they were hitting unchecked by their friendly refs, you may have seen me on one of those shows that highlight crazed parents doing outrageous things. Ryan escaped with a few bumps and bruises and more sideline experience. Our league has a ten play rule, every player has to play a minimum of ten plays. That's about what he played yesterday. I'm not sure what happened there, he is getting playing time by being subbed in wherever... whether or not he has any idea how to play that position. His team played hard and never gave up, until the coach pulled them off the field in the last few minutes. I didn't get a picture of him on the field, somehow there just wasn't time for that, but I did get a picture of him being water-boy for Zachary's team.

Zachary's team won again in an intense, all the way down to the last few seconds, game. The final score was 8-6. He continues to improve and loves being on the team, (cheerleaders are a nice side benefit).I actually saw him hold his block and open up a big hole for the guy running the ball. I only got a picture of him on the sidelines, I've discovered I can't yell and scream and take pictures, and since I enjoy embarrassing myself and my children I choose to yell. Our next game is here, so if anyone would like to come and join in the yelling or just watch that would be great!

Caleb loves hanging out with the other kids at the games and runs everywhere until he is covered with dirt and completely worn out.

He thinks the Harbuck twins are pretty great, but his favorite person to hang out with is Sami Hurley, I'll have to get a picture of them next time.
Today has been a wonderful day of rest, I really, really tried to take a nap, and I did get a couple of 20 minute snatches here and there, in between yelling at people to be nice and be quiet or go outside. The boys all played great together after I got up. Somehow a hole from a b.b. ended up in the ceiling of the kitchen and my very favorite dog, Aurora, knocked over the barbecue while dinner was cooking. Zachary reacted quickly to my yelling and prevented a forest fire, and I managed to save the meat, so all was not lost. Although if that dog got lost I wouldn't feel horrible. It's too bad I don't have any pictures of all that, I'm sure it would have been entertaining.
5 comments:
Sounds like you had a "wonderful" weekend....someday this might make a great movie...maybe danny should do all the games next weekend and you could go shopping...but then the your blog wouldn't be nearly as fun to read..just think of all the memories you are making.
That would be great, except he only got that one Saturday off, so the boys just have to put up with me!
Besides who would yell with me? I think the refs (all 5 of them) would have done much better on our sideline clinic. After game 3 or 4 they improved greatly. Besides Zach and Alex can not only say they beat undefeated Cal City, but the black and white team too!
This is more fun and I don't even go to the games!!!!
Danny says: why am I finding out about a bb hole in the ceiling on the blog????
Post a Comment