Football is away again this weekend, it's been really nice the last couple of weeks not having to go anywhere. California City is only about 1 and 1/2 hours away, Danny is working and I was going to take a mini break and miss Ryan's game so I could go to Josh's and then head out, but Josh's game got moved up so I will make it after all. I'm not sure if I should be excited or not, I guess it's a sign I need to be there.... the team Ryan will be playing is undefeated and we are umm, let me think here, not doing so hot. The losses are discouraging and as Ryan gets his competetiveness from someone else in the family, it's a little frustrating. But I am turning over a new leaf and thinking happy positive thoughts, winning isn't everything, hopefully he will learn and grow from this whole experience. He will be a better person in the long run! It hasn't worked on me but hey maybe I'm just too old and set in my ways! I've found that if I don't watch all of practice and just tell myself he is having fun, I'm better on the car ride home. Zachary is having lots of fun, the article in this weeks paper made the team look great, they had a really good game on Saturday, here is some of what the paper said (okay I'll admit the coach is the one who writes it up)
The Senior Youth Football team improved to 4-2 on the season with their best offensive showing of the year in a 48-25 rout over Boron.The Broncos tallied a gaudy 547 yds rushing on 28 carries for seven TDs.“Our offensive line came of age today with their best effort of the season. I am pleased with our progress.”Paving the way both inside and out with freeway-sized holes were linemen Logan Kraus-Smith, Johnny Chase, Peyton Wyly, Stephen Whisler, Zach Reiswig, Alex Hurley, Christian Mejia, Jordan Lacher and Cody Little.Zach is even in the picture that made it into the paper (#50)

and he is actually moving!
2 comments:
I may need to rethink this friendship... it IS about winning, and I think you may be REALLY turning into one of those "soccer" moms. Who would I yell with at the games? Who would I gripe about Cory, or um "butterfingers" to? Ryan is learning a life lesson, when you don't win, get on a better team! hahah
I said I was trying to think "happy thoughts"!! i might be a sore loser but I don't like to admit it... and if there was a better team to get on...hmmm...
Post a Comment