I've been trying to spread my blogging fix out a few days so that I'm not on here constantly, but things happen and I just have to write about it.
Zachary's eye requires an update, it's gotten worse, the bruising has turned his upper eyelid a nice scarlet and royal purple color. I'm actually slightly embarrassed by this, but then again that is part of being a parent! We all know how much he loves science right? So I think maybe that makes it a little easier for the science teacher to pull him aside. (This same teacher pointed out today that Zac's daddy had his picture in the paper, but that's another story) Here is his account of the conversation:
Mrs. Bogart: Zachary can I talk to you for a moment?
Zachary: Uh Sure...
Mrs. Bogart: Can you tell me what happened to your eye?
Zachary: Well I was fighting,
Mrs. Bogart: Did your daddy hit you?
Zachary: No, With my brother
Mrs. Bogart: Did your mommy hit you?
Zachary: ha, no! (okay really he was probably thinking yeah in the shoulder just this morning but we are talking about my eye so...), it was my little brother, I had him pinned on the ground when he head butted me. ( I think the mommy and daddy terms were supposed to make him more comfortable, but it's kinda weird, what 13 year old still says that...unless they want something)
There was more to the conversation but those are the important points. Then Ryan tells me, he has had teachers ask about bruises he has received in football and most of the other guys on the team have too. I am glad there are teachers who are paying attention and are willing to ask instead of waiting for the child to come to them, and it takes the edge off my embarrassment just a wee little bit. Although not enough, I'm still kind of humiliated here! I cannot imagine what my kids would come up with if CPS did ever get a call!

Back to the picture in the paper... A local reporter went on a ride along with the Sheriff's Dept. they pulled someone over who appeared to be under the influence of alcohol at which point they call the CHP, Danny came and did some field sobriety tests then arrested the man. The kids in Zachary's class thought maybe his dad was the drunk. I'm not going to share my real opinion on why so many kids would jump to that conclusion, but it certainly made for an interesting "How was school?" conversation.
Zachary's eye requires an update, it's gotten worse, the bruising has turned his upper eyelid a nice scarlet and royal purple color. I'm actually slightly embarrassed by this, but then again that is part of being a parent! We all know how much he loves science right? So I think maybe that makes it a little easier for the science teacher to pull him aside. (This same teacher pointed out today that Zac's daddy had his picture in the paper, but that's another story) Here is his account of the conversation:
Mrs. Bogart: Zachary can I talk to you for a moment?
Zachary: Uh Sure...
Mrs. Bogart: Can you tell me what happened to your eye?
Zachary: Well I was fighting,
Mrs. Bogart: Did your daddy hit you?
Zachary: No, With my brother
Mrs. Bogart: Did your mommy hit you?
Zachary: ha, no! (okay really he was probably thinking yeah in the shoulder just this morning but we are talking about my eye so...), it was my little brother, I had him pinned on the ground when he head butted me. ( I think the mommy and daddy terms were supposed to make him more comfortable, but it's kinda weird, what 13 year old still says that...unless they want something)
There was more to the conversation but those are the important points. Then Ryan tells me, he has had teachers ask about bruises he has received in football and most of the other guys on the team have too. I am glad there are teachers who are paying attention and are willing to ask instead of waiting for the child to come to them, and it takes the edge off my embarrassment just a wee little bit. Although not enough, I'm still kind of humiliated here! I cannot imagine what my kids would come up with if CPS did ever get a call!

Back to the picture in the paper... A local reporter went on a ride along with the Sheriff's Dept. they pulled someone over who appeared to be under the influence of alcohol at which point they call the CHP, Danny came and did some field sobriety tests then arrested the man. The kids in Zachary's class thought maybe his dad was the drunk. I'm not going to share my real opinion on why so many kids would jump to that conclusion, but it certainly made for an interesting "How was school?" conversation.
3 comments:
That is so funny about Mrs. Bogart. I can hear her little silly voice saying all those things to Zach and that is soooo funny. She is a little off. My friend Michelle watches her boy and I get to hear things about her every now and then and what she said is funny. Wait until I tell Michelle.
What experiences you are having! Never a dull moment with any of the the Reiswigs. We may need another pic of Zac.
You know your boys do put their heads down and run any time you go near them, oh wait NO THEY DON'T! Invite her to dinner and let her watch for herself.
Post a Comment