Monday, October 1, 2012

room # 4

I have been spending lots of time in room 4 at the doctors' office lately! Our pediatrician shares office space with the specialist Ryan is seeing, and it just so happens we've ended up in the same room almost every time we've been there the last few weeks, with which ever kid happens to be unhealthy.  They've been taking turns.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough room.  It's on the corner of the building, so there are two walls of windows, and it looks out over a big park.  It's just getting to be an expensive place to hang out.  Anyway... Caleb had a follow up appointment for his ear infections this morning, and since Josh missed school Friday and then coughed like a barking seal all weekend I took him in at the same time.  Caleb's ears are clear, so I can't blame his grumpiness on that anymore, it's just him.  Josh has croup, I asked if he was a little old to still be getting croup, she just shook her head and laughed.  She said it's not uncommon, it's just not usually severe in older kids. Then she said she wanted to give him a shot.  I laughed, and he gave me a very dirty look because while we were in the waiting room we had this conversation...
Josh (groaning): "I really hope I don't get a shot"
Me (with slight exasperation): You're not getting a shot.  Why on earth would you need a shot?"
Josh:  "Well I just hope I don't need one that's all"

Why indeed mom. 

He got the shot.  Which is better than taking medicine for the rest of the week.  He hates taking medicine.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

That's funny, a little odd its always the same room. Poor josh at least the shot will help him get better faster.