I went to Zach and Ryan's back to school night last night. Ryan seems to managing his tiredness and his workload ok. I wanted to bang my head against the table in Zach's physics class, and that was after only 10 minutes. Same thing in Ryan's geometry class. I thought their history and government classes seemed far more interesting. On the way home I realized that feeling might have something to do with my own interest in the subject matter, not necessarily the teachers.
Josh and Caleb are choosing books to read on about the same reading level (3.5-4.5). Josh chooses books based on how fast he can read it, take a test and get AR points. I've been trying to make him (yes I said make) read Harry potter. He doesn't want to because there are too many pages. He doesn't struggle with reading, or comprehending. He would rather just get through a book as fast as possible. How do I change that? Or do I even try? He is doing fine in reading, it just frustrates me he doesn't care to do his best.
We got their state testing scores back. Nothing surprising there. They are all three (Caleb didn't have to test last year) advanced or proficient in the subjects tested.
No comments:
Post a Comment