Sometimes my boys ask questions I just really would rather avoid. The other day Caleb and I were talking about Grandpa Larry. Caleb is too little to remember him, which is just sad to me, but he loves hearing fun stories about him. Usually when he asks about him, it's to get a laugh. This time he asked, how he died, and then he asked what Alzheimer's does. I tried to simplify my answer to the level of a 6 year old. I am not even sure exactly what I said, it was the next question that caught me completely off guard. He wanted to know if Alzheimer's runs in our family. Now how do you tell a little boy, that yes this horrible disease I just finished telling you about does indeed run in the family? I just said yes, yes it does, but it doesn't happen to kids, so it's not something you need to worry about.
Then just when I thought we were going to move on to something happier.... He wanted to know which parent my siblings and I lived with when our parents got divorced.
I really don't know what they talked about at school that day, but wow he did some heavy thinking!
To end this on a better note... Ryan asked the other day... as I passed around the hand sanitizer in the car...
This says it kills 99.9% of all germs, so does that mean, if you use it and then let your hands dry and use it again, it will kill 99.9% of the .01% left on your hands?
3 comments:
Those are deep questions for such a little guy.... now the hand sanitizer one- that sounds like Ryan. :) So glad he and Dallin are friends. Hopefully they'll survive baseball season!
Yes, very deep questions for a 6 year old. Pretty good question from a 14 year old too!
Kids mature way before their time these days, good questions to ask and very important to be answered I'm sure you did a great job.....now I just hope I can answer Logans questions when he gets older
Post a Comment