Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Caleb brought home a little book from school today titled "Holidays with the Reiswig Family",  each page has different things we do as a family to celebrate.  I am amazed at the things my 6 year old remembers.  I thought it was so cute I wanted to share.  His spelling and all,
  • We read the scripshirs aboute Jesus
  • We get a tree and deckarate it on the same day
  • We go to my aunt's and my uncle's hosue
  • We pick out a number and we see wet present we get
He had cute illustrations to go with each tradition.  But I can't replicate those, sorry! 
Changing the subject a little, he lost one of his top front teeth yesterday and looks so grown up with the big gap.  The tooth fairy has been busy at the Reiswig house this past week.  Josh lost two teeth last weekend.  I have pictures to post of both of them, I just have to get them off my camera.  Changing the subject again.  Caleb can read.  I mean really read.  Sentences and paragraphs and all.  That may sound weird, but there is a difference between sounding out words and actually reading a story.  I probably should have realized this awhile ago, like when he got moved up to the highest reading group at school, or when he got his 10 point AR pin.  But it didn't click until yesterday when he was giving his talk in Primary, and read the scripture and the talk with no hesitation.  Growing up is so bittersweet!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

yes, growing up is so bittersweet...I have to talk about Family Traditions at our YW Progressive Dinner this week...think I will use Caleb as an example. :)