Josh gets hurt.
Josh gets hurt a lot.
Josh is a boy, this is normal.
Josh doesn't even bother to tell me most of the time when he gets hurt.
Unless there is blood, that tends to freak him out.
Last Friday I went to the school at lunch time to help with a fourth grade fund raiser. One of the girls in Josh's class started telling me (let me point out here, there are many things I hear about my boys from the girls in their classes, info I would never get otherwise) about Josh getting hurt during their first recess. Then he decides to chime in and tell me what happened. He was playing touch football with his 5th grade friends, while the 6th graders were playing a separate game nearby. Somehow, I can't imagine how :), the games intersected and Josh got plowed over by one of the 6th graders. Hard enough that he cried. You know if you are going to cry on the playground it has to hurt pretty bad. But he insisted he was fine, fine, fine. Just fine, thank you very much, and his teacher asked about a dozen times- I talked to her about it on Tuesday.
All weekend long he complained about his chest hurting when he breathed too deeply, or when he laid down. I kind of figured it was just the bad air quality we've had this week. Until Sunday night when he couldn't fall asleep because it hurt. We went to the doctor Monday afternoon, who sent us to get chest x-rays. She says it looks like a fractured rib. No PE, no running around at recess, no horseplay with the brothers (she knows them so well!) no baseball. Pretty much no physical activity. Good luck with that. We are waiting for the official radiology report, not that they will do anything different, it just has to heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment