Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Something new

Last night I had something happen, that has never happened in the 16+ years I've been a mother.  Caleb sat down for dinner, took one look at the tacos we were having, and refused to eat.  He went from normal Caleb to crazy boy in about 2 seconds.  Yelling "I don't want these" and crying.  He even smacked his hand down on the tortillas to emphasize his feelings.  I told him he could have the tacos or a bowl of cereal (which he didn't want either) and then put him in his room. 
My boys are not picky. Yes there are things they don't particularly like, and sure they moan and groan about it.  They know they get to eat what is on the table, but I am not totally heartless.  If I making something one of them really doesn't like they can make a peanut butter sandwich instead.  Everyone loves tacos!  Except Caleb, last night.
I ate and left to go pick Ryan up from football practice.  When I got back Caleb still hadn't eaten, but he had cleaned and swept his room.  He was working on sweeping the rest of the house and was about to start washing dishes.  He never did eat the tacos, but I made him  eat a bowl of cereal before he got ready for bed.

3 comments:

cynthia said...

Wow that is really something, your boys really aren't picky (I love that!) I wonder why he wouldn't eat

Grandma said...

We had tacos on Saturday night...he didn't complain, BUT he only ate about 1/2 of his.

Watsonville said...

Wow, at least you offer then cereal. Mine well, let's just say they eat a BIG breakfast the next morning.