That was my last facebook post. But it isn't very accurate, I should have said what a weekend or past few days. ( I don't think I like facebook, I use it to keep up with family, and my Cub Scout den, but other than that it really kind of irritates me, I think I just don't like sharing personal things with people I haven't seen or talked to in years... why did I accept their friend requests then??? I don't know, social networking pressure I guess) back to my original thought now... the week. Ugh. That's all.
Ok not really. Since the whole world doesn't read my blog I can dump all my crazy, sad, emotionally draining thoughts on it. Right?
I already wrote a little about Red. I told Danny I am done with pets, no more. It's too hard. Then he said he would like to get another dog, because he liked having a watch/guard dog. Aurora really doesn't fit that title at all. So today I got on the SPCA website and looked at dogs. I found a beautiful 4 yr old golden retriever mix, he looked just like Red. I sent the picture to Danny, and cried, and stopped looking. I'm not ready.
I got a call from my sister, Christine, Friday about 5. She was on her way to the ER. She had an ultrasound done on an abdominal mass on Thursday. As soon as her Dr saw the results on Friday she sent her right to the hospital. I packed a bag and headed down. Spent Friday night with Madison, part of Saturday at the hospital, then went to pick my dad up, his visit has been planned for a long time, just lucky on the timing. Christine had surgery this morning. They removed an ovary, her appendix, lymph nodes and 4 liters of fluid from a cyst. She is going to have a long few days, and then some.
I taught the lesson in Relief Society today. On developing talents. Standing in front of people, and teaching, not one of my talents. Scary. I reminded myself (after it was all over) that I've taught exactly one RS lesson in each of the last 3 or 4 wards I've been in, and never been asked again. So I'm safe now. Ha! I really shouldn't have put that thought into words. I am exhausted. And I am thankful for the friend that read that fb post and knew it meant something, and found me today to ask about it.
3 comments:
well put thoughts. it has been a hard week!
A new week has started, time to start over..:-)
Your right Cynthia...and it is looking better!
Post a Comment