Ryan and Josh both gave talks in church yesterday. Ryan in Sacrament (the main meeting, everyone attends) and Josh in Primary (the children's group).
Ryan was a little annoyed that nobody laughed at his intro joke, even after I pointed out that nobody laughs at any ones jokes here, seriously. (He did get a few laughs mostly from friends and me, he just didn't hear them). He wrote his talk by himself, with no help from me. I didn't even get to proofread it. He was so nervous before hand I thought he may be sick, but once he got up I couldn't even tell. No blushing, no stammering, no losing his place, no rushing. Not what I pictured way back in the days of primary when I would hold him and give his talks while his head was buried in my shoulder. I guess they do grow out of it!
All the oral reports and the school play are paying off for Josh. Even though he would rather have been forgotten, when his turn came he sauntered right up and delivered his talk, with a shy little smile. He doesn't like singing in public (I think he was happy Dad was working on Father's Day, just for an excuse not to get up with the children's choir), but speaking he can handle. They both did a great job.
1 comment:
That's great! Glad both boys did great, bummer your ward never laughs at jokes but at least a few people laughed
Post a Comment