I finally took the time to open my kitchenaid up and see if I could fix it. I looked at a couple of do-it-yourself repair sites and thought I might know what the problem was. According to those sites there is a gear designed to fail so the motor doesn't burn out. So I crossed my fingers and hoped it could be that simple. It kind of was! Very messy, and it took me awhile, but it looks like that little gear did it's job! So I ordered a new one, along with new grease (apparently you are supposed to change that goopy stuff every once in awhile) and a new gasket.
Once I got the parts, reassembly was a little harder, until I printed a diagram (gee imagine that) and Danny took over. I totally could have done it myself, but I didn't have to so Yay Me! errr I mean Yay Danny!
1 comment:
good job to both of you!!!!! glad you have your mixer back.
Post a Comment