Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hidden Camera

Sometimes I would just like there to be a reason crazy things happen. Sometimes (not because I love being the center of attention) I feel like there must be a hidden camera following me/us.

Today,
we were late for church. Like five minutes, so still during the opening song, but late is late. I followed Zachary into an empty pew. Where he did not sit down, instead he looked at the stand, and back at me, with really huge eyes, and said, "Oh man, I totally forgot, I am supposed to give a talk today!"
I said, "YOU WHAT!" maybe not that loud, maybe, hopefully. I don't know though.
So he walked up and sat down, and when it was his turn gave a talk. Personally I would have cried and left the room, but he is a better person than me.
Turns out he was asked TWO weeks ago, and Daddy reminded him a couple of times. Of course no one told me, because why would they? I would have hounded Zac about it every day, and possibly written it for him at the last minute. That has been known to happen.

Caleb is a goof ball, he ran up to Ryan tonight with no shirt on, lifted his arm up and exclaimed "Hello, my name is Armpit" in a squeaky voice and then ran off. We laughed.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Never, Never a dull moment in your life! What a great kid Zach is...just takes it all in stride and fills his assignements! As for Caleb, what a delight! Ryan and Josh are great kids, too. I so love all my grandchildren!

Laurie said...

Oh man, Zach is a brave kid! I would have been like you and ran out crying and never returned!

CJacks said...

So how did the talk go?