Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa's visit

Last night we had our Christmas party at church. Caleb had a headache and was tired and cranky. All signs that maybe he didn't feel very well. But... we missed the day Santa visited playgroup and there was no way he was missing another chance to talk with Santa. So we took him. He lay on me resting through the "Joy to the World" video and the carol singing. As soon as he saw Santa he had to get in line. Climbed up, told Santa he wants "a fake dog that he can hold and hug" (this started out as a real puppy, but mommy has talked him down). Smiled for the camera and got down. As soon as he was off Santa's lap the smile dissappeared, he walked a few steps, put his hands up to his face, and threw up. Santa better bring a really great fake dog!
The other three boys think they are too old to talk to Santa. Which is good, because I took Caleb and came home, right after I mopped the floor.
Slightly pale, but he knew he had to smile. Poor kid!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Poor little guy...but he did get to see Santa and make his wishes known..hope Santa brings him a really, really cute cuddly "fake" dog!

BushlingX7 said...

None of my kids have ever wanted to talk to santa that bad. He is cute and brave!!

Kelly said...

Bless his heart!

Michelle said...

I had to remove my first post cause it came out all wrong so here goes again: I'm just thinking of how I feel when I'm about to throw up and I don't think I could've mustered that smile. Way to go, Caleb! He must want that fake puppy really, really bad!

Laurie said...

Oh, darn it. Poor kid. That is one lucky Santa though. Hope he's feeling better.