Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I just tried to leave a comment on some one's blog and the words I typed came up completely backward. Weird!
It's Wednesday and I am not sure what we've been up to so far this week. I think I'm already tired, and it's a little hard to think. Let's see... Monday I took Josh to the dentist(s) to have his space maintainer fixed. His pediatric dentist (who did the work) said the insurance won't cover him there anymore because he turned 7, they called our regular dentist and got him in there "right away". We went and waited an hour and half for that dentist to tell me, insurance won't pay for a new one because it's only a few months old, and the pediatric dentist will have to fix it. Then I cried (because that's the useless thing I do when I'm mad) and told them to just take the thing out and give it to me so I can go argue with the insurance and other dentist another day. Josh, who doesn't like the dentist and gets really nervous anyway, wanted to know why my eyes were all red.
Tuesday; the boys fought all the way to Bakersfield where we dropped them off with Laurie (sorry and thanks again) so we could pick up the trailer from the "fixit" place and go to the Auto mall to look at cars. Got a new car. It's a Mazda CX-9. It seats 7 and has a 3rd row (hopefully this will help with the fighting). I did all the research and comparisons myself before hand and had a good idea what I wanted. Then I saw the Thompson's new CX-9 and had to go back and do more research. I did an online search for a used one within reasonable driving distance. There was one, just one, in Bakersfield, and now it's mine! I think I love it! I'll put up some pics when I get out there and take some.
Today we ran some errands, and took Zachary and Ryan to their book club. Danny was supposed to have meeting tonight and I thought the rest of us would have a quiet evening at home. BUT... the youth at church were going to Bakersfield for a softball tournament. Ten kids showed up to go, with one driver. Somehow that just doesn't work out quite right. Apparently the girls' leaders didn't think any girls were going and didn't bother to make arrangements. Danny drove. Again. Last time they had an activity in Bakersfield he drove because they were short a driver. Which would be fine, (I don't think he minds driving) if it's planned on, a little earlier than 10 minutes after the group was supposed to leave.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

And just think, it's only wednesday! Did you see our little super stars in the paper today? There is a great picture of Spencer and Josh holding their trophies on the sports page!

Grandma said...

Now, there's a good picture for the blog...A newspaper pic of Josh and Spencer! Your car is really, really nice.... Danny is a great guy, the kids will always remember he was there for them! As for the dentist, insurance experience: Good Luck!

Renée said...

Crying is never useless...much better than a tantrum filled with colorful words! Crying has gotten many a girl out of unpleasant situations. If I were you I would keep those tears fresh for when you argue with the insurance company. Often times they don't know what to do with an emotional female other than give her what she wants! ;o)