Thursday, April 30, 2009

What wind?

I realize when you play ball at a park with sideways trees you should know it gets a bit breezy now and then. But... there are times it would be okay to maybe postpone a game. Josh and Ryan both played in Mt. Mesa last night and the wind was pretty crazy.

Cori's 5 reasons it's okay to cancel t-ball because of wind:
1. the kids spend more time chasing hats than being on the field
2. the parents can't chase the hats because if they move their chair will blow away
3. the only thing anyone can hear is the rushing of the wind
4. as a parent you've already thought out the 911 call you will have to make when the wind picks your child up and carries him off
5. when the wind is strong enough to snap a telephone pole you would probably be better off staying home!

Now having said that, both games went really well. Josh hit a couple of doubles (it's amazing what the ball can do with a little wind behind it). Ryan's team had only won one game so far this season, and last night they beat the undefeated team by 19 points. Now they are 2- whatever. Zachary's game didn't go well, I never heard the score on that one, just that it was bad.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

So funny! And so true.....which makes it so funny!

Dany said...

They won because Jimi was there right? That's what she thinks. Jim got called out last night because of the pole blowing over. His boss said to wait until morning and Jim said fine, but by morning it won't be just one, it would be 20 or so. (the whole chain reaction thing, when a pole goes all the way down, and wires start whiping around, all the poles down the line snap)

BushlingX7 said...

It wouldn't be the same without the wind in the valley. Besides we will all be dead soon because the swine flu is airborne and was blowing up from Mexico LOL.

Grandma said...

Grandma wants to know where the pictures of the blowing hats, the "grounded parents", the whizzing balls, squinting eyed ball players, sideways trees are? Guess if football players play in snow, rain and mud and love it, makes sense wind wouldn't stop the love of the game of baseball. Mother's on these occasions are the only ones that have any sense!

Dany said...

Grandma, I don't have pictures of hats and kits blowing away but I do have one of the broken telephone pole. I bet Verizon wishes they could "hear me now!"

Grammy said...

Mom, I didn't have the camera with me... I was afraid to get it out in all the wind, and my hands were in my pockets most of the time anyway!

Karrie said...

I purposefully buy really cheap, flimsy kites because I fear for my children's lives. The wind was a bit more than I thought it when we moved up- I'm sure I'll tolerate it more when I have a real house that doesn't rock n, roll... but maybe not. My favorite is to watch people come into Vons on a windy day- everyone looks like they've been fighting a tornado.

CJacks said...

Sounds a little like Texas wind... try having it at least twice a week ;-) It is pretty crazy.

rhino rific said...

the only games we have won were the ones that she was at...I think she IS the lucky charm