I think that whole "come in like a lamb go out like a lion" saying could be applied to our day. It started off nice and slow (for me), Danny got up and took the boys to school, so I went back to bed. The afternoon was crazy, even by our standards. It was Danny's first day back on afternoons, and I realized after just one month of mornings I'm already spoiled. Between the hours of 4 and 6:30 we had T-ball practice, a baseball game, open house at school, and it was my turn to teach the young women at church. Josh had fun at T-ball as usual. I only went to his class for Open House (we skipped the middle school, I just didn't have time), asked the teacher how he is doing, and she said "Great" not a surprise, I talk to her every week, but I was surprised when she told me he lost 10 minutes of recess today, for talking! He said he didn't like sitting down at recess, so maybe he learned his lesson. I watched about 5 minutes of Zachary's game, and it's okay that I missed the rest because he never got to play. It started late, and then only got into the fourth inning before they had to call it. He was pretty mad about the whole situation. Driving to Bakersfield for sports is looking better and better. I had fun with the girls and Personal Progress.
On the way home the song playing on the radio said something about asphalt and Josh from the backseat in a shocked voice, asked "ASPHALT!?!" My older boys were so sweet and innocent at this age, but having older siblings really messes up that innocence or maybe it's riding the bus?(I've never actually heard the older boys use bad words and I don't think they do, but they do teach other things to the little ones) ... Josh thought maybe the song said a bad word, and I got to explain what asphalt is. And so the evening ended with humor...

5 comments:
I am realizing that the younger ones will never get a chance to be innocent. My kids have tainted them.
Morning shifts are nice. Maybe someday...
Being a wife and a mother is such an opporunity for growth and learning and teaching and driving, and sitting and scheduling, waiting, and rushing, worrying and smiling, etc and it's wonderful that you can write about these experiences in such a fun way!
We only played three innings. At least I get to start and play a minnimum of 4 innings
tommorow
Post a Comment