Monday, November 3, 2008

I realize that being 13 barely qualifies a child as being a teenager and I should really count my blessings... but...
I remember being a teenager, and I know I was just as right about everything then as I am now, although I don't remember having to be told things 3 million times and then shrieking about how unfair everything is. Or using the words always and never in every argument. I probably instigated my share of arguments, but why is there a need to pick at someone until they cry or scream? Then look up innocently and say "I didn't DO anything!
Just in case I'm not being clear here, Zachary is about to drive me crazy (no I am not already!).I just realized that all of you who have children close in age are way smarter than me, you will have a bunch of teenagers all at once, and then they will be gone, I on the other hand am in year one of fifteen, really... fifteen consecutive years with a teenager in the house. Can you hear my screams of fear?
Zachary is a good kid, he is and we hear it from people all the time. I would just like my sweet little sensitive boy back, just for a little longer! He has morphed into some weird loud spastic animal with a hearing and focus problem.
Alright yes I'm having a bad day. My brother Mike is in the hospital and I haven't seen him yet, he had surgery on his mouth this morning. My mom says he is fine but she sounded a little freaked out when I talked to her, I think mostly because he was still out of it and looked pretty bruised and the Dr. hadn't come back to talk to them, or maybe because she is exhausted. I don't like hospitals and I don't like not being right there where I know what is going on and see for myself that everything is ok.
So of course the kids pick up on my mood and act rotten.
My house looks like it has been ransacked, I'm almost happy I don't have any neighbors to pop in and see it and be horrified
There is a big pile of clean laundry to be folded and an even bigger pile of dirty to be washed
I have to go to Bakersfield tomorrow, which means I won't have time to do anything about any of the above
If I was my old happy self I would say "It could be worse" but I stopped saying that months ago because when I say it that is exactly what happens.

Now I will stop being whiny and go do the dishes... then I can feel like I accomplished something today!

3 comments:

Dany said...

Hang in there Cori, it's why God gave you all boys. If you had a girl in the mix of the teenage years it would probably send you over the edge. I only have 11 years, but 2 girls in the mix, and Jimi is about to kill me already. It's funny how they morph over night, Alex did the same thing and I swear if I hear "duh mom.." one more time I will pull out all my hair!How dare they think they know more than us? I know I was NEVER that way... (my mom can't see this right?) Jim swears Jimi is MY payback, I think he may be right, but Trever is DEFINATELY his payback! So who's your payback?

Grammy said...

Unfortunately I have to say Ryan is my payback. He is obstinate and has an attitiude bigger than all of us, and there is no reasoning with him. As much as I claim to not know what planet he is from, I know he acts just like me.

Grandma said...

"Good Luck"...no other thought comes to the mind, well maybe one more "This to shall pass"...
Teenagers are a breed all their own.