Saturday, October 4, 2008

Okay, so another week with no pictures. I know, bad mom! There wasn't a whole lot of picture worthy moments today, well that I would have gotten a good shot of. I'm sitting here telling myself I should probably calm down before I write anything. I'll try and start with the good points... hmm... I finally have friends who are just as mouthy as me at games... and you all thought that would never happen! Josh scored a goal, one of the refs complimented us on his skills and yes SOCCER IS TOO A SPORT!, Ryan had some great tackles (he was playing on the line today) and Zach had a nice tackle too. Everyone lost, and apparently I am too competitive because I am still bugged. If Josh's team ever wins I will be surprised, but thats okay because they just don't have a lot of experience or skill. The other teams, I'm not sure what the problem is. Okay thats not true, I have ideas... but I'm stopping now because I went and took a break and now I'm calm. As long as my kids do their best I don't care what happens!
I am really glad we get to start a new week tomorrow, it's been one of those long dragging weeks. I think everyone (yes me included and no of course not Danny) threw a big fit at some point. Caleb's was in the grocery store, which is not so bad when your child is one not three and you don't live in a town with an average age of oh let's say 70 or so (I know I occasionally exaggerate a little). I think Caleb may have been the only kid in the store at the time, even if it did sound like ten. It was one of those where you know people are looking at you thinking wow that kid needs a good swat or just give him the dang sucker, anything to shut him up! I didn't give in, although my personal melt down probably happened within 5 minutes of walking in the door from that wonderful trip! I've heard I'll look back someday and miss this... but even the 13 year olds "you are terrible you NEVER let me do ANYTHING I want to do" fits, don't compare.
Starting fresh with a new week sounds so nice right now! Okay I'm pledging to not get upset this week...not by football drama or stupidity or fighting children, at least when I'm asleep. Thats a start right?

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Great journal entry cori... got a chuckle from this grandma...and yes, you will look back sometime and cherish these times and memories :).