Little bit of knowledge that I learned from my 8th grader, who swears that his history teacher worded it just this way:
Student: Why don't we get Columbus Day off anymore?
Teacher: Because Columbus was a jerk to the Native Americans.
Now I realize what I was taught as a child about Columbus was kind of off the mark too, but after more than 500 years you would think we could have reached a happy medium! (And maybe it would be closer to the truth)
4 comments:
My kids asked me "why don't we get Columbus day off?" and I said "Everyone knows he didn't actually find America, it wasn't lost"
Which is a much better and very accurate response.
You realize it's the 16th and still no update? Are you trying bloggers rehab? If so, I'll help you get out. don't let those pushers keep you from blogging ;)
I thought I would try and stay away for a couple of days, just to see if I could do it, besides my life is boring...
Post a Comment